Love magic? How about learning how to add that magical glow effect to your paintings?
Well, we're about to do just that!
Join María and Mirka Hokkanen as she brings the magic to watercolour with her beautiful painting techniques.
...and as a bonus she's handing over her drawing so you can focus on colouring it! Download it from the link section below and bring a print to this demo!
- Using red pencil to outline sketch to add to the glow effect;
- Intuitively mixing colors and adding in a wet on wet colourful wash all over the drawing;
- Using negative painting techniques to paint around the subject shapes;
- Layering in light tones of local color multiple times to build value and depth.
- Finishing off with colored pencils to clean edges and for final details.
- Enroll in Mirka's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5 Mini Workshops and get $10 back to spend on our Art Supply store!)
- Listen to Mirka's interview
- Outline to print and paint
Don't miss a thing!
Check our Youtube Channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- the team at Etchr Studio