The versatility of gouache makes it such a favourite among landscape artists. Nicholas Holman (@nicholasholmanart) will show you why it's his medium of choice by capturing atmospheric perspective and dissecting the moving parts of a landscape painting! Learn his techniques of watered-down washes and dry brushing to achieve the right undertones and lighting in any landscape.
Check out the reference image here.
- Gouache tips for beginners;
- What to look for in a good gouache brush;
- Pros of thumbnails sketches;
- Why dramatic undertone colours can be awesome;
- How holding your brush can change the outcome of your strokes;
- How to add shadows to a white coloured subject!
- Enroll in Nicholas' Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5.50 Mini Workshops)
- Etchr Sketchbook: A5 Hot Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team