Learn to paint small subjects with patience and lots of detail in this workshop preview with miniaturist Nina Hidalgo (@ninathidalgo). She will paint a miniature floral wreath and show us her stroke techniques for each floral element. You’ll see how she uses fine point brushes to create rich texture in tiny flowers then put them all together in a lovely little wreath.
- Step by step tutorial of the basic watercolour techniques
- Explaining each element within the wreath
- Understanding the importance of good composition
- Preparing for the challenges of painting small
- Knowing when to stop
Live Demo reference image
In the Mini Workshop art class, Nina will teach:
- Handling brushes for tiny painting
- Using pointed brushes for detailing
- Incorporating enough details for interest
Enrol in Nina's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
- Etchr Mirror
- The Perfect Sketchbook A5
- Etchr Sketchbook Bundle
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team