Learn to paint a glowing sunset in this workshop preview with artist Panchami (@brushpaint.n.everything). She will show you how to read and simplify a reference photo. In addition, you’ll learn how to handle light and shadow in any piece.
- Breaking down reference photos
- Simplifying details
- Using a limited colour palette
- Creating a glow using watercolour
Here are the reference images if you want to paint along!
In the Mini Workshop art class, Panchami will teach:
- Using variation in line art
- Properly positioning shadows
- Painting shadows to add depth
- Remembering to paint reflections on reflective surfaces
- Creating a cohesive colour palette.
Enrol in Panchami's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
- The Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Mini Palette: 19 Wells
- Gouache Brushes: Set of 8
Other products mentioned:
- 100% cotton cold press paper 300gsm (Suggested: Global)
- Flat shader brush size 8 (Suggested: Silver Brush)
- Round brush size 2 (Suggested: Silver Brush)
- Round brush size 4 (Suggested: Silver Brush)
- Watercolour paints: Quinacridone Rose, Indigo, Lemon Yellow, Burnt Umber, Naples Yellow, Red Brown, Hookers Green, Permanent Yellow
- Rag cloth or tissue
- Palette to mix colors
- Masking tape or washi tape
- Jar of water (preferred 2 jars)
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team