Learn to use quick and easy thumbnail sketches to find and create a focal point with artist Prasad Beaven (@prasadbeaven.art). In this 30-minute art class, he’ll show you how to find and create shapes that define your landscape while staying in tune with the watercolour. You’ll also learn how to use the whitespace to your advantage and create a beautiful, loose landscape painting.
Check out these reference photos if you want to sketch along!
- Composing a watercolour landscape
- Defining focal points
- Using white space for definition
- Painting shapes
Enrol in Prasad's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Prasad will teach:
- Composing a larger piece
- Finding and defining multiple focal points
- Painting on site
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Cold Press
- The Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Watercolour Postcards: Cold Press
Other materials mentioned:
- Winsor & Newton watercolours: Rose Madder Genuine, Aureolin Yellow, Cobalt Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Sepia, Raw Umber, Windsor Green, Turquoise
- Daniel Smith watercolours: Rich Green Gold, Cobalt Teal, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Quinacridone Gold
- Paper: Arches 300 gsm NOT
- Roubloff flat brush #30 (Alternative: Silver Brush)
- Silver Brush round brush #12
- Silver Brush round brush #2
- Akashiya calligraphy brush
- Silver Brush cats tongue #18
- Palette Knife
- Water in containers
- Paper Towels
- Water Spray
- Masking Tape
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team