Learn to paint reflections in a loose landscape with architect and artist Raul Hidalgo (@raulhidalgo.r) in this 30-minute art class. He’ll show you how to simplify your subject to find the central focus. He will do a value study and talk about maintaining values in your final piece.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Painting reflections
- Painting loose
- Finding a central focal point
- Maintaining values
Enrol in Raul's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Raul will teach:
- Creating tone with washes
- Including architecture
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Schmincke watercolours: Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Blue, May Green, Yellow Ochre, Ivory Black, Payne‘s Grey Bluish, Burnt Sienna
- Watercolour paper 100% cotton cold pressed (Suggested: Arches)
- Escoda Perla brushes: large round brush, medium round brush
- Da Vinci brushes: medium point brush, small watercolour brush
- Masking tape
- Water in container
- Water spray
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team