Learn to capture the likeness of human faces with ink and watercolour in this art class preview with artist Róisín Curé (@roisincure). She will show you how to achieve life-like skin tones and play with lights and shadows to highlight the best facial features. You’ll learn to get the most out of a limited colour palette and boost your confidence in painting portraits of both passersby and loved ones.
- Letting loose and not worrying about details
- Getting over the fear of sketching people in public
- Achieving thin and sharp lines with fountain pens
- Starting with very bright, strong colours can be better than neutral tones
In the 90-minute art class, Róisín will teach:
- Bringing out the subtle differences in age and gender
- Painting quickly and efficiently
- Giving light and life to your subject
- Enroll in Róisín's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5.50 Mini Workshops)
- Portrait Etchr Sketchbook: B5 Hot Press
- Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set
- Etchr Mirror
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team