Capturing the likeness of human faces with ink and watercolour can be a complex and pressuring process. Let Róisín Curé (@roisincure) teach you her tips and techniques on people-sketching! She will show you how to achieve life-like skin tones and play with lights and shadows to highlight the best facial features. Learn to get the most out of a limited colour palette and boost your confidence in painting portraits of both passersby and loved ones!
Check out the reference image here.
- How to let loose and stop worrying about details;
- Getting over the fear of sketching people in public;
- Tips to achieve thin and sharp lines with fountain pens;
- Why starting with very bright strong colours can be better than neutral tones.
- Enroll in Róisín's Mini Workshop (Enroll in our $5.50 Mini Workshops)
- Portrait Etchr Sketchbook: B5 Hot Press
- Watercolour 24 Half Pan Set
- Etchr Mirror
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team