Learn to paint tiny worlds in this art class preview with artist Ruth Wilshaw (@ruthwilshaw). Join us for a lesson in composition and preparing a page of backgrounds. Ruth will share her favourite way to generate new ideas and walk us through her decisions as she paints a tiny world.
Check out the reference photo if you want to paint along!
- Reading backgrounds for pattern
- Choosing composition
- Generating new ideas
- Painting with gouache
- Choosing colours
Enrol in Ruth's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Ruth will teach:
- Layering to create depth
- Creating a lush atmosphere
- Creating interest with details
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Hahnemuhle Bamboo Mixed Media Paper
- W & N Prussian Blue Gouache Paint
- W & N Olive Green Gouache Paint
- W & N primary Blue Gouache Paint
- W & N Primary Yellow Gouache Paint
- W & N Ivory Black Gouache Paint
- W & N White Gouache Paint
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team