In this art class preview, learn to draw animals first from a reference, then from memory. Join us with veterinarian and artist Sarah Postner (@travelokapi) for a lesson on animal anatomy and drawing techniques. She will show you how to translate an animal’s anatomy from body to page. Then choose your animal for a personalized lesson in the Mini Workshop art class.
Check out these reference photos if you want to paint along!
- Drawing techniques for animals
- Understanding animal anatomy
- Translating anatomical features to two-dimensional images
- Choose your animal for the Mini Workshop art class
Enrol in Sarah's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Sarah will teach:
- Drawing an animal first from memory, then from a reference
- Understanding complex animal anatomy
- Translating complex animal features into two-dimensional images
- Drawing animals in any pose
- Choose your animal for the Master Class
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Monograph Sketchbook
- Matabooks Notebook
- Canson XL Recycle Drawing A4, 160gsm
- Cretacolor Fine Art Graphite 5B & HB
- Herlitz Eraser (Similar: Caran d'Ache Technik Eraser)
- KUM Sharpener
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team