Learn to create detailed drawings with a minimalist approach in this 30-minute art class with artist Sasha Podosinovik (@sashapodosinovik). She’ll zoom in to just the door and window of a building for this class to show you how detailed work can be done in a few minutes, with limited materials and colours. You’ll see how this approach to urban sketching particularly highlights the architecture.
Check out this reference photos if you want to sketch along!
- Using toned paper
- Limiting colour choices
- Mixing mediums for maximum impact
Enrol in Sasha's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Sasha will teach:
- Colour blocking instead of colour mixing
- Highlighting areas of the building to stand out
- Drawing without perspective
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Wood Pulp A4 Paper Block (Hot Press)
- Black Graphic Pen Collection
- Gouache Brushes
Other materials mentioned:
- Hahnemuhle Grey Book
- Graphite pencil (Caran de’ Arche)
- Uni Posca Markers: PC-8k Turquoise and White; PC-1m White; PC-3m Gold
- UniPin Fine Line Brush Black Pen
- Derwent Inktense Ink Black Pencil
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team