In this art class preview, learn to paint windows and doors with loose florals using ink and watercolour. Join us with artist Renata Tot Ivezić (@renatatotart) for her take on sketching, inking, and painting romantic scenery. She will share a variety of watercolour techniques and methods for painting in a sketchy, impressionistic style.
Check out the outline sketch here if you want to paint along!
- Focusing on a few essential details for a loose style
- Combining ink and watercolour for a unique look
- Watercolour techniques including wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, and dry-on-dry
- Splashing and splattering water to create texture
Enrol in Renata's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Renata will teach:
- Discovering your style and perspective
- Creating texture by splashing and splattering water
- Sketching, inking, and painting romantic scenery
- Creating harmony and balance with colour and value
- Understanding impressionistic style for loose painting
Etchr Products Mentioned:
Jackson's Art products mentioned:
- Winsor & Newton Watercolour set
- Brushes: Medium and small round size and detail brush
- Waterproof ink pens
- 2 jars of water
- Pencil and eraser
- Paper towels
- Extra paper for swatching
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team