Learn to paint a Robin with ink and wash in this workshop preview with animal artist Simona Mandra (@somnia). She will show you how to combine loose and controlled techniques for a natural yet playful painting.
Check out this reference photo and outline sketch if you want to sketch along!
- Letting the watercolour bleed
- Painting with wet-on-wet techniques
- Combining fineliners and watercolours
- Using affordable supplies
Enrol in Simona's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop, Simona will teach:
- Adding bright colours
- Sketching realistic birds
- Playing while painting
Etchr Products mentioned:
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Hot Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
Other materials mentioned:
- A4 mixed media or watercolor paper (Suggested: Stillman & Birn)
- Watercolour brushes
- Watercolour paints: Orange, Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Quinacridone Gold, Paynes Grey, Potters Pink, Buff Titanium, Terre Verte (optional)
- Waterproof black fineliners or other sketching tool (e.g. ballpoint pen) in 0.1 (Suggested: Winsor & Newton)
- Optional: White Gouache or white gel pen (Suggested: Sakura)
- Masking tape
- Graphite pencil
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team
Rosa Castro said:
i look forward to your lesson
October 28, 2021