Join this Live Demo to watch Artist Sofia Pavan Macias (@sofiapavanmacias) paint a landscape study. She will demonstrate her approach from start to finish with layering and detailing techniques, so the painting doesn’t appear flat. Sofia will also discuss how a good reference photo can help create depth in your lush landscapes.
Check out the reference image here if you want to paint along!
- Layering the base colours from top to bottom;
- How pre-mixing the paint can help speed up the process and maintain consistency with the colour scheme;
- Using a dabbing technique and creating contrast by adding different layers of darker colours;
- Starting with the darkest colour in the foreground to create a 3D effect;
- Creating an ombré effect to emulate shadows and highlights within the surface of the subject.
Enrol in Sofia's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
- Synthetic brushes: smaller round and flat brushes will be most useful
- An old towel
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team