Learn to paint a lush landscape with layers in this art class preview with Sofia Pavan Macias (@sofiapavanmacias). She will show you how to approach a painting, from using a good reference photo to finishing with details for depth. In addition, you’ll learn a dabbing technique for contrast and an ombré effect for shadows.
- Layering base colours from top to bottom
- Pre-mixing the paint for speed and consistency
- Adding contrast with a dabbing technique
- Creating a 3D effect by using dark colours in the foreground
- Emulating shadows and highlights with an ombré effect
Live Demo reference image
In the Mini Workshop art class, Sofia will teach:
- Adding depth with layers
- Understanding value and hue
- Detailing the foreground
- Simplifying the background
Enrol in Sofia's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
Etchr Products mentioned:
Jackson's Art Products mentioned:
- Synthetic brushes: smaller round and flat brushes will be most useful
- An old towel
Don't miss a thing!
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team