Learn to paint an urban lighthouse scene with watercolour in this 30-minute art class with artist Carlos Martín (@watercolors_carlosmartin). He’ll show you how to put together sky, architecture, and water in one painting, quickly.
Check out this reference photo if you want to sketch along!
- Wet-on-dry watercolour technique
- Painting water and reflections
- Composing a painting
Enrol in Carlos's Mini Workshop (Enrol in our US$6.00 Mini Workshops)
In the Mini Workshop art class, Carlos will teach:
- Painting on larger paper
- Painting a complete piece in 90
Etchr Products mentioned:
Other materials mentioned:
- Watercolour paints - Suggested Brand: Daniel Smith; Cobalt Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Indigo, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Cadmiun Orange, Cobalt Violet
- Watercolour Paper: 100% cotton, 300gsm, cold pressed (Suggested brands: Arches or Etchr Perfect Sketchbook)
- Watercolour brush - medium round, small round and small plain (Suggested: Petit Gris Winsor and Newton nr. 12, Escoda Pearl round brush, Etchr Watercolour Brushes)
- Water in a container or a cup
- Paper tissues
- Paper adhesive tape
Join our Facebook Group!
Looking to meet like-minded artists and get feedback from some of our teacher? Join our Facebook Group!
Our online community is a safe and interactive environment for artists of all levels. Let’s learn together!
Don't miss a thing!
Stay up to date on our upcoming live classes, special offers & news by signing up for our Etchr Studio Newsletter.
Check out the Etchr YouTube channel: Subscribe and turn on notifications to stay in the loop!
- Etchr Studio Team