Light and Shadows in Urban Sketching with Ink and Watercolour
Learn to bring your urban sketches to life by working with light, shadow and layers of vibrant watercolour in this 2-hour small-group class with artist Annette Morris (@annettemorris.art). She will share her tips for sketching a complex scene, shortcuts to drawing people and perspective, ways to simplify your composition. You’ll learn how to layer wet-on-wet washes of watercolour with more confidence to give your sketch new energy to make it jump off the page.
Etchr’s Master Classes are a unique experience because:
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- 30-minute feedback session
- Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Short break scheduled in the middle
- Recording available for life
- Appearing on camera or voice is not required
Purchase your seat today, and after checkout, Etchr will email you a PDF with the Zoom link and other essential details.
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 11 am PST December 2 (Thursday)
- NY Time 2 pm EST December 2 (Thursday)
- London Time 7 pm GMT December 2 (Thursday)
- Singapore Time 3 am SGT December 3 (Friday)
- Sydney Time 6 am AEDT December 3 (Friday)
- Etchr Perfect Sketchbook A4
- Etchr Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10 in sizes 12 & 3
- Etchr Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16 in sizes 01, 02, & 05
- Winsor & Newton watercolours: Lemon Yellow, Transparent Orange, Ultramarine, Cobalt Turquoise Light, Opera Pink (Alternative: Daniel Smith Opera Pink, Winsor Violet, Sap Green, Burnt Sienna
- Rigger brush in size 2 (Suggested: Daler Rowney Aquafine)
- Winsor & Newton White Gouache
- Soft pencil graphite (2-6B)
- Faber Castell watercolour pencils: Phthalo Blue 110 & Deep Scarlet Red 219
- Old scruffy paint brush
- Two containers of water
- Kitchen roll / paper towel
- Scrap paper
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.