Shaping Waves with Gouache
Wield the power of water in this interactive art class with artist Alyssa Doggett (@watercolorsmakemesmile). You’ll develop an ocean scene from sketch to finish, including accents to emphasize focal points. Alyssa will share her techniques for adding shadows and highlights to water, creating movement. She’ll discuss using the relationship between light and dark to create the waveforms and reinforcing shapes with brush strokes.
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 9 am PDT October 1 (Friday)
- NY Time 12 pm EDT October 1 (Friday)
- London Time 5 pm BST October 1 (Friday)
- Singapore Time 12 am SGT October 2 (Saturday)
- Sydney Time 2 am AEST October 2 (Saturday)
- Arches 640 GSM cold pressed watercolour paper 9"x11”
- Princeton Select liner brush size 1
- Princeton Select flat angle brush size 8 (large)
- Meeden angular shader size 12 (Similar: Jackson's Silverline Shader size 12)
- Arteza or Himi Miya gouache paint in Prussian blue, Cerulean blue, Viridian green, Sky blue, Aegean blue, Neon red, Orange, Grey, Ultramarine blue, Stone blue, Lemon yellow (Similar: Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache)
- 2 cups of water
- Paper towel
- Painter's tape (Suggested: 3M Scotch Painter's Tape)
- Download or print the reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.