Adding Depth and Dimension to Your Urban Sketches
If you want to try out urban sketching, it's not always about flawless lines and perfect shapes. In this Mini Workshop with Leslie Parsons (@montrealsketcher), let loose and let go of the pressure to be perfect.
Learn how to break down the daunting details of this Yakitori restaurant into loose lines and exaggerated shapes. Catch Leslie's valuable shading techniques that will help add shadows and make your pieces pop! Finally, finish your artwork with a limited watercolour palette to create depth and dimension in the final product.
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 10:30 am PDT July 25 (Sunday)
- NY Time 1:30 pm EDT July 25 (Sunday)
- London Time 6:30 pm BST July 25 (Sunday)
- Singapore Time 1:30am pm SGT July 26 (Monday)
- Sydney Time 3:30am pm AEST July 26 (Monday)
- Etchr Black Graphic Pen Collection (or any waterproof pen or marker)
- Watercolour paints (Suggested colours: neutral colours such as Neutral Tint or Moonglow by Daniel Smith and yellow/orange colours)
- Watercolour paper (Suggested: Grumbacher WiroPad 24 Sheet 9” x 12”
- Pencil (for sketching in the basic shapes)
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.