Shaping Waves with Gouache (Recording)
Wield the power of water in this approximately 1 hour recorded Mini Workshop with artist Alyssa Doggett. You’ll develop an ocean scene from sketch to finish, including accents to emphasize focal points. Alyssa will share her techniques for adding shadows and highlights to water, creating movement. She’ll discuss using the relationship between light and dark to create the waveforms and reinforcing shapes with brush strokes.
This Recorded Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- Arches 640 GSM cold pressed watercolour paper 9"x11”
- Princeton Select liner brush size 1
- Princeton Select flat angle brush size 8 (large)
- Meeden angular shader size 12 (Similar: Jackson's Silverline Shader size 12)
- Arteza or Himi Miya gouache paint in Prussian blue, Cerulean blue, Viridian green, Sky Blue, Aegean Blue, Neon Red, Orange, Grey, Ultramarine Blue, Stone Blue, Lemon Yellow (Similar: Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache)
- 2 cups of water
- Paper towel
- Painter's tape (Suggested: 3M Scotch Painter's Tape)
- Download or print the reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.