Painting Surf in Watercolour
Learn to paint large waves with a sense of movement in this 2-hour small-group class with artist Andrea England (@andreaenglandart). She’ll show you how to leave white space to create energetic foam on the waves, and you’ll see how to use ink and glazed layers to create rolling with a sense of depth and motion. She’ll also show you a glazing technique to give texture and a sense of water on the sand.
Etchr’s Master Classes are a unique experience because:
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Short break scheduled in the middle
- Artist feedback on your work
- Recording available for life
- Appearing on camera or voice is not required
Purchase your seat today, and after checkout, Etchr will email you a PDF with the Zoom link and other essential details.
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 3 pm PDT November 6 (Saturday)
- NY Time 6 pm EDT November 6 (Saturday)
- London Time 10 pm GMT November 6 (Saturday)
- Singapore Time 6 am SGT November 7 (Sunday)
- Sydney Time 9 am AEDT November 7 (Sunday)
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Cold Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
- Daniel Smith Watercolours (Colours: Indanthrone Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Burnt Sienna, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Phthalo Green (Blue Shade), Phthalo Blue (Green Shade), Hansa Yellow Medium)
- Fabriano Artistico 100% cotton cold press watercolour paper 300 gsm
- Large quill or round brush and a small round brush (Suggested: Da Vinci Casaneo size 4 round and size 2 quill)
- Pen with waterproof ink (Suggested: Etchr Black Graphic Pen size 0.3 mm)
- Water in containers
- Masking tape or washi tape
- Paper towel or sponge
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.