Painting Surf in Watercolour (Recording)
Learn to paint large waves with a sense of movement in this approximately 2-hour recorded class with artist Andrea England (@andreaenglandart). She’ll show you how to leave white space to create energetic foam on the waves, and you’ll see how to use ink and glazed layers to create rolling with a sense of depth and motion. She’ll also show you a glazing technique to give texture and a sense of water on the sand.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important information will be sent to you via email.
Disclaimer: Please note that this is NOT a live 2-hour Class and is merely a recording (replay) of one. Voices from the students will be heard in this video.
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Cold Press
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16 (size 0.3mm)
- Daniel Smith Watercolours (Colours: Indanthrone Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Burnt Sienna, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Phthalo Green (Blue Shade), Phthalo Blue (Green Shade), Hansa Yellow Medium)
- Fabriano Artistico 100% cotton cold press watercolour paper 300 gsm
- Large quill or round brush and a small round brush (Suggested: Da Vinci Casaneo size 4 round and size 2 quill)
- Water in containers
- Masking tape or washi tape
- Paper towel or sponge
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.