Dramatic Skies in Watercolour
Get dramatic skies without drama using quick, simple techniques in this 90-minute interactive art class with artist Chiara Botturi (@chiara_botturi_watercolors). She’ll show you how to unify your piece by planning tonal values. You’ll also learn to use multiple washes to create a realistic atmosphere using both wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques.
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 6 am PDT October 17 (Sunday)
- NY Time 9 am EDT October 17 (Sunday)
- London Time 2 pm BST October 17 (Sunday)
- Singapore Time 9 pm SGT October 17 (Sunday)
- Sydney Time 12 am AEDT October 18 (Monday)
- Watercolour paper; rough 100% cotton; size: 29x21 cm or 23x31 cm. (Suggested brands: Arches, Saunders Waterford or Canson Heritage)
- Brushes: A medium soft round brush (can be natural or synthetic squirrel, Chinese goat); two soft round brushes (squirrel or goat), sizes 8 and 10; sable (natural or synthetic) round brushes size 8 and 10.
- Watercolours paints: Blues: Daniel Smith’s Cobalt blue, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Blue; A warm Yellow (Sennelier Yellow Light, Daniel Smith’s Gamboge, Indian Yellow, Cadmium Yellow); Daniel Smith Lemon Yellow; A warm Red (Winsor & Newton Scarlet Lake, Daniel Smith Cadmium Red, Sennelier Rose Dore Madder Lake); Burnt Sienna.
- Something to prop the block on at 20 degrees gradient
- Water, sponge and paper tissues
- Download/print the reference photo.
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.