Dramatic Skies in Watercolour (Recording)
Get dramatic skies without drama using quick, simple techniques in this approximately 90-minute recorded art class with artist Chiara Botturi (@chiara_botturi_watercolors). She’ll show you how to unify your piece by planning tonal values. You’ll also learn to use multiple washes to create a realistic atmosphere using both wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques.
This Recorded Mini Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- Watercolour paper; rough 100% cotton; size: 29x21 cm or 23x31 cm (Suggested brands: Arches, Saunders Waterford or Canson Heritage)
- Brushes: A medium soft round brush (can be natural or synthetic squirrel, Chinese goat); Two soft round brushes (squirrel or goat), sizes 8 and 10; Sable (natural or synthetic) round brushes size 8 and 10
- Watercolours paints: Blues: Daniel Smith’s Cobalt blue, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Blue; A warm Yellow (Sennelier Yellow Light, Daniel Smith’s Gamboge, Indian Yellow, Cadmium Yellow); Daniel Smith Lemon Yellow; A warm Red (Winsor & Newton Scarlet Lake, Daniel Smith Cadmium Red, Sennelier Rose Dore Madder Lake); Burnt Sienna
- Something to prop the block on at 20 degrees gradient
- Water, sponge and paper tissues
- Download/print the reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.