Sketching Realistic Animals from Lines to Colours
Take your animal artworks to the next level! Join artist Francesca Possati (@francesca.p.art) in this live 3-hour Class as she teaches how to plan and execute realistic animal artworks with lifelike details! Understand the fundamentals of going from a basic anatomy sketch and finishing off with the more intricate details of the whole body. Learn the techniques to executing different types of realistic fur and feathers by layering with a simple colour palette. Let this Class show you that you don't need much to create something true-to-life.
This Live Class is limited to 10 people for a more hands-on experience.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the Zoom link and other workshop details will be sent via email after checkout.
*A recording of this Class will be available in the participants' Llama Library 3-5 days after the live session. By purchasing this 3-hour Class, you agree that your voices will be heard in the recording.
- LA Time 7 am PDT July 19 (Monday)
- NY Time 10 am EDT July 19 (Monday)
- London Time 3 pm BST July 19 (Monday)
- Singapore Time 10 pm SGT July 19 (Monday)
- Sydney Time 12 am AEST July 20 (Tuesday)
- Coloured pencils (Francesca will be using the following brands and colours, but it is not required to have all these right away. You may use any brands available to you.)
- Faber Castell Polychromos (oil-based): Orange glaze, Olive green yellowish, Green gold, Ultramarine, Burnt umber, Walnut brown, Burnt siena, Cinnamon, Warm grey 5, Black
- Caran D'Ache Luminance (wax-based): Dark cadmium orange, Olive brown 50%, Raw umber 50%, Olive brown 10%, Ultramarine violet, Violet grey, Sepia 10%, French grey, White
- 200 gsm and up heavyweight hot press watercolour paper (Francesca will use the Etchr Sketchbook: A4 Hot Press)
- Pencil eraser
- Craft knife (Francesca will use the Slice Craft Knife)
- Double tipped embossing tool sized 0.8-1 mm
- Tracedown graphite paper
- Download or print this reference photo and outline photo
- Francesca recommends that students trace the outline drawing before the class to save time
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.