Painting a Fantasy Character in Gouache
Learn to create a sense of richness and depth in a fantasy character in this live 2-hour art class with artist Francesco Simone Savi (@francesco_simone_savi). First, you’ll practice layering washes and glazing. Then Francesco will help you explore alternative techniques like salt and spattering to create exciting textures. Finally, you’ll add finishing touches with coloured pencils.
Etchr’s Master Classes are a unique experience because:
Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
Direct, live interaction with the artist
Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
Step by Step instruction
Time to complete each step in real-time
Short break scheduled in the middle
Artist feedback on your work
Recording available for life
Appearing on camera or voice is not required
Purchase your seat today, and after checkout, Etchr will email you a PDF with the Zoom link and other essential details.
5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 11 am PST November 14 (Sunday)
- NY Time 2 pm EST November 14 (Sunday)
- London Time 7 pm GMT November 14 (Sunday)
- Singapore Time 3 am SGT November 15 (Monday)
- Sydney Time 6 am AEDT November 15 (Monday)
- Winsor & Newton Artist Sable Brushes (Suggested sizes: #2, #4, #6, #10)
- Large flat brush for broad washes and to prepare the paper (Suggested: SIlver Brush)
- Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache Paints (Suggested colours: Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Payne’s Grey, Raw Sienna, Olive Green, Van Dyke Brown, Burnt Umber, Cadmium-Free Red)
- Cold press watercolour block 140lb, 100% cotton (Suggested: Arches or Fabriano)
NOTE: Please prepare the first sheet of paper in the block the day before the class, by applying, with a flat brush, a wash of clean water all over the surface of the page. Let it dry overnight. If any of the participants have 300lb watercolour blocks, that’s even better. Suggested size: 12 x 16 INCHES
- Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencils: Sanguine, Olive Green Yellowish, Pompeian Red, Burnt Sienna, Dark Naples Ochre, Walnut Brown)
- Handover Scrubber Brush (Small)
- Handover Scrubber Brush (Large)
- Kitchen salt (regular and coarse)
- Old toothbrush
- Paper towels to wipe and clean brushes
- Jars of clean water
- Ceramic palette to mix colors
- Hairdryer to fasten the process of drying the paint
- Kneaded eraser
- Download this line art and value study sketch
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.