Portrait of a Creature in Gouache (Recording)
Paint a fairy in gouache in this 90-minute interactive art class with artist Francesco Simone Savi. You’ll learn to use gouache in thin layers as though it is watercolour for a unique finish. He will teach wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry techniques for painting facial features and the importance of preparing a tonal value sketch before you begin any piece.
This Recorded Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- Winsor & Newton Artist Sable Brushes (Suggested sizes: #2, #4, #6)
- Flat Brush
- Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache Paints (Suggested colours: Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Prussian Blue, Raw Sienna, Olive Green, Van Dyke Brown, Burnt Umber, Cadmium-Free Red, Alizarin Crimson)
- Cold Press Paper (Suggested: Arches or Fabriano or Strathmore)
- Artist's tape to anchor down a loose sheet of paper
- Watecolour board or any wood panel to be used to anchor the paper
- Paper towels to wipe and clean brushes
- Jar of clean water
- Ceramic palette to mix colors
- Hairdryer to fasten the process of drying the paint
- Download this reference photo and this PDF handout
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.