Depth and Realism in a Late Fall Landscape
Learn to paint a late fall landscape in this live 2-hour small group art class with artist Françoise Blayac (@blayacfineart). She’ll show you how to paint calm waters, wood, snow and trees. You’ll learn how to approach a complex reference photo to create a realistic landscape and, in particular, how to make the main elements blend into a complete painting. First, you will practice layering and building depth with basic techniques; then you’ll focus on bringing the main features of the reference to life.
Etchr’s Master Classes are a unique experience because:
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- 30-minute feedback session
- Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Short break scheduled in the middle
- Recording available for life
- Appearing on camera or voice is not required
Purchase your seat today, and after checkout, Etchr will email you a PDF with the Zoom link and other essential details.
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 7 am PST December 11 (Saturday)
- NY Time 10 am EST December 11 (Saturday)
- London Time 3 pm GMT December 11 (Saturday)
- Singapore Time 11 pm SGT December 11 (Saturday)
- Sydney Time 2 am AEDT December 12 (Sunday)
- Prepare the outline photo beforehand
- Arches Aquarelle 100% cotton cold press watercolour paper, 300 GSM, 8"x11"
- Art Philosophy artist-grade watercolour tubes (Colours: Burnt Umber, Indigo, Yellow Orange or Yellow, Red, Hooker's green)
- Lefranc Bourgeois White gouache (Alternative: Winsor & Newton Designer Gouache Permanent White)
- 1 or 2 round pointed brushes (Suggested: Silver Brush Black Velvet Paintbrushes size 4 round and size 8 round)
- 2 round mop paintbrushes for the background (Suggested: Raphael Petit Gris "Le 803" Size 2/0 and Size 3; Alternative: Winsor & Newton Pure Squirrel Mop Brush No. 2 and No. 3)
- Heat gun or hair drier
- Paper towels
- 2 jars of water
- Masking tape
- Pencil & eraser
- Download or print this reference photo and outline photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.