From Sketch to Colour: Painting Realistic Pet Portraits
Pets always make the cutest subjects for any artwork, but getting the details right can be tricky. Improve your pet portraiture skills with artist Allie Royston (@windsweptdesignstudio) in this live Mini Workshop!
Learn how to take a realistic approach to capture your pet’s best features through colour mixing and layering colours for rich contrast. Dive into the wet-on-dry and wet-on-wet techniques to achieve details that will bring your artwork to life. Feel excited and confident to paint other dog breeds by the end of this fur-tastic session!
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 9 am PDT July 21 (Wednesday)
- NY Time 12 pm EDT July 21 (Wednesday)
- London Time 5 pm BST July 21 (Wednesday)
- Singapore Time 12 am SGT July 22 (Thursday)
- Sydney Time 2 am AEST July 22 (Thursday)
- Watercolour paints: Yellow Ochre, Browns (Umber and Sienna), Red, Blue, Indigo or Payne's Grey
- White gouache or Dr. Martin's PH bleed proof white paint
- Watercolour brushes: Pointed round size 6, 2, 0
- Watercolour paper (ideally 100% cotton, 140lb cold press) - cut to 5x7 inch size
- Water cup/jar
- Pencil and eraser
- Paper towel
- Print/download this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.