Gradients and Depth: Dramatic Landscapes in Gouache
We all know how daunting it is to start any painting from a blank canvas, so how do we overcome it?
In this live and interactive Mini Workshop, paint along with artist Katrin Trost (@katrin.trs), create vast landscapes using gouache, and learn her tips on staying motivated as an artist! With the proper layers, colour mixes, and brush strokes, develop various gradients to elevate your painting using vivid depths for that dramatic effect! Boost your confidence and be motivated in this journey to unleash the artist in you!
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 9 am PDT July 23 (Friday)
- NY Time 12 pm EDT July 23 (Friday)
- London Time 5 pm BST July 23 (Friday)
- Singapore Time 12 am SGT July 24 (Saturday)
- Sydney Time 2 am AEST July 24 (Saturday)
- 300gsm cold pressed watercolor paper
- Brushes: Flat brush in size 12 and one small, round brush in size 0 or 0/3
- Gouache paint: Opaque White, Cadmium Yellow, Primary Red (Magenta), Ultramarine Deep, Ivory Black
- Washi tape
- Jar of water
- Paper towel or cloth (to dry the brushes)
- Hair dryer
- Download/print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.