Dark to Light - Detailed Botanical Realism with Gouache (Recording)
Take your painting skills up a notch with botanical gouache paintings that highlight those intricate and beautiful details! Join artist Hannah Matcha in this recorded Mini Workshop as she teaches us how to paint more delicate features like tiny water droplets on leaves. Learn how to layer gouache by working from dark to light to achieve that realistic effect in finer details. Gain confidence and level up your skills by pushing through the "ugly stage" of your painting!
This Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- Portrait Etchr Sketchbook A5 Cold Press
- 25% Cotton Watercolour Postcards: Cold Press
- Gouache Brushes: Set of 8
- Watercolour paper or heavy weight mixed media paper (240gsm-300gsm)
- Winsor & Newton Gouache paints in the following shades: Ivory Black, Permanent White, Olive Green, Sap Green, Primary Blue, Primary Yellow, Lime Green (brand: Arteza)
- Paint brushes (sizes 5, 3, and 3/8 flat brush)
- HB pencil and eraser
- Jar of clean water
- Tissue/paper towel
- Download/print the reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.