Making it Work - Creative Possibilities with Thumbnails
Use small, non-detailed thumbnails to explore possible concepts for a painting before investing in an idea at full scale in this 90-minute interactive art class with Etchr’s Resident Artist, Jill Gustavis (@jillgustavisart). She’ll guide you through creating thumbnails with different colour palettes. The thumbnails will help identify what kind of mood the final painting will express. Then, you’ll choose one and expand your idea into a larger, more complete sketch.
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 2 pm PST November 29 (Monday)
- NY Time 5 pm EST November 29 (Monday)
- London Time 10 pm GMT November 29 (Monday)
- Singapore Time 6 am SGT November 30 (Tuesday)
- Sydney Time 9 am AEDT November 30 (Tuesday)
- Paper: 2 sheets of 100% Cotton paper A5 or larger in size or one A4 size (Suggested: Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Cold Press)
- Brushes: Small Scale Flat or Round for thumbnails and small, medium, and large rounds for sketch (Suggested: Etchr Watercolor Brushes, ¼” Flat, #3, #8, and #12 Rounds)
- Watercolour paints in three primary triads:
- Vibrant: DaVinci Nickel Azo Yellow (Alternative: Daniel Smith Nickel Azo Yellow), Daniel Smith Quinacridone Rose and Daniel Smith Phthalo Blue (Green Shade)
- Muted: Daniel Smith New Gamboge, Daniel Smith Organic Vermilion, Sennelier Indigo
- Warm: Daniel Smith Transparent Yellow Oxide, DaVinci Permanent Alizarin Crimson (Alternative: Daniel Smith Permanent Alizarin Crimson) Daniel Smith Indanthrone Blue
- Water container(s)
- Rag/paper towel
- Pencil or waterproof pen
- Business or gift card to trace (optional)
- Masking/Artists’ tape optional for clean edges on sketch
- Heat/Hair dryer
- Download/Print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.