Surrealistic Urban Sketching with Mixed Media
Think and paint outside the box by adding some surrealism to your artworks! Join artist Lee Bates in this live Mini Workshop and use pen, ink, and watercolours to create exciting urban scenes and compositions. Learn how defining limitations can enhance a drawing and really develop your practice. Lee will also share his tips from his Drawing degree to show how you can develop your practice and bust out of a creative slump.
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 9 am PDT August 20 (Friday)
- NY Time 12 pm EDT August 20 (Friday)
- London Time 5 pm BST August 20 (Friday)
- Singapore Time 12 am SGT August 21 (Saturday)
- Sydney Time 2 am AEST August 21 (Saturday)
- 100% cotton hot press watercolour paper (Suggested: Khadi watercolour paper in size A5)
- Watercolour paints (Suggested brand: Winsor and Newton professional series; Suggested colours: Cadmium yellow pale, Cadmium free red, Ultramarine, Cobalt turquoise light, Yellow ochre, Alizarin crimson, Burnt sienna, Burnt umber, Neutral tint)
- Small size watercolour brush
- Dip pen, fountain pen, or a fine brush (Suggested nib for dip pen: Brausse-Steno nib)
- Black waterproof ink (Suggested: Platinum Carbon Ink)
- HB Pencil and eraser
- A small rag and/or paper towel
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.