Creating Mood with Weather: Street Scenes in Watercolour
A person's mood is not the only thing that the weather can affect, it can also completely change the mood of a painting! Join artist Maximo Damico (@maximo_damicooo) in this live 3-hour Class and learn how to capture the feel of a busy street scene in the rain right in your sketchbooks. Go through his step-by-step method of identifying what makes watercolour paintings work: from simplifying compositions, to the use of colour in bold and loose strokes. Create your artwork's atmosphere with Maximo's signature watercolour style and learn how to apply this to your own artworks.
This Live Class is limited to 10 people for a more hands-on experience.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the Zoom link and other workshop details will be sent via email after checkout.
*A recording of this Class will be available in the participants' Llama Library 3-5 days after the live session. By purchasing this 3-hour Class, you agree that your voices will be heard in the recording.
- LA Time 9 am PDT June 23 (Wednesday)
- NY Time 12 pm EDT June 23 (Wednesday)
- London Time 5 pm BST June 23 (Wednesday)
- Singapore Time 12 am SGT June 24 (Thursday)
- Sydney Time 2 am AEST June 24 (Thursday)
- 100% cotton paper, hot or cold pressed
- Several brushes of different sizes (Maximo will mostly use round brushes in a range of sizes and one big mop brush, but will occasionally be using flat brushes as well. Any brushes you currently have will be fine.)
- Watercolour paints in a cool to warm temperature scale
- Naples Yellow, French Ochre, Raw Umber, Van Dyke Brown, Cadmium Orange Light, Cadmium Red Light, Light Red (Holbein), Burnt Sienna, Alizarin Crimson, Lavender (Holbein), Cobalt Teal, Manganese Blue, Cobalt Blue, French Ultramarine, Serpentine Green, Jadeite Green, Imperial Purple, Neutral Tint
- Water mist spray bottle
- Container for water
- Washi tape or masking tape
- Board (or any support for your paper)
- Clean paint palette
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.