Tiny Urban Sketching in Mixed Media with a Wide Colour Palette (Recording)
For approximately one hour, join London-based artist Mike Thomas as he walks us through his cup coaster painting process! Using a broader colour palette, we will combine gouache, watercolour pencils, and markers to create small urban pieces, such as charming storefronts. At the end of this class, you will learn how to simplify shapes and use various colours in your palette to their fullest potential.
This Mini Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate artists who want to experiment with mixed media and try out a non-traditional canvas size.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing the video link will be sent to you via email.
- Blank Pulp board or Wooden coaster (or card around 10x10cm)
- Washi or masking tape
- White Acrylic paint for priming.
- Gouache Paints: Permanent White, Primary Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Naples Yellow, Permanent Yellow Deep, Permanent Green, Raw Sienna, Primary Red
- Brushes (Sizes 1, 3 and 1/2)
- Mixing Palette
- Fine line coloured pens or watercolour pencils
- Black ink pen and a white ink gel pen (0.5mm) for detailing
- Download/Print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.