Negative Painting in Watercolour: Skyscapes (Recording)
Do you love watercolour and skyscapes? Pair them together but with the negative painting technique! In a 90-minute Mini Workshop, watch as Jill Gustavis carves out white watercolour subjects using the negative painting technique to focus on dreamy skyscapes at night. She demonstrates how you can take advantage of different layers and blend colours to create form and movement.
This Mini Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate watercolour painters interested in negative painting.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing the video link will be sent to you via email.
- Watercolour paints (Suggested:
- Daniel Smith Watercolor Paints: Buff Titanium/Yellow Ochre, Indanthrone/Indigo, Payne's Gray/Neutral Tint) and any other "cloudy" accent colours you'd like to include
- 100% cotton, 140lb, cold press paper (Suggested: Fabriano: Artistico: Block: 140LB)
- A mid-sized to large brush (Suggested: Silver Brush: Synthetic Dagger Brush Size ½ IN or Pro Arte: Synthetic Rigger Brush Size 6)
- Paper towel for lifting
- Two rinse cups and rag
- Heat dryer for convenience if students would like to follow along
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.