Painting a Figure with Lights and Shadows (Recording)
Have you ever wondered how you can render a painting with lights and shadows? Join professional artist and teacher Jun-Pierre Shiozawa (@junpierre) in this pre-recorded mini workshop as he shows you how to do so with watercolour!
This Mini Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate artists who want to gain a deeper understanding of lights and shadows through Jun-Pierre's artistic process and palette. Learn how these concepts apply in painting figures that are more dynamic and interesting in your artworks.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- Watercolour paint - Red, Yellow, Burnt Sienna. Other colours are optional.
- Palette or dish to mix washes in.
- Watercolour brushes - one Flat brush (half-inch or 1-inch is fine), one Medium round brush (for example, a round 6 or 8), one Small round brush for details (size 2 or 3). OPTIONAL: Chinese ink brush, mop brush
- Watercolour paper - 140lb / 300g. Cold press is recommended, hot press is up to your preference
- Cup of water
- Paper Towel
- Hot air dryer (for demonstration convenience only, but if you're following along this will help keep up)
- Download/Print the reference photo and sketch outline
- ADDITIONAL: Reference images showing the process
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.