Painting Magic Revealing Glowing Surfaces with Watercolour (Recording)
In this approximately 2-hour recorded class, join Mirka Hokkanen as she demonstrates her negative painting technique that involves chance and elements of play to reveal glowing surfaces. Learn how to make the best of happy accidents and how to paint in layers to create depth and light in paintings.
This workshop is for beginner to intermediate watercolor painters interested in letting loose and learning a new technique in watercolor. We will be exploring wet on wet and wet on dry painting techniques and adding pencil for extra details at the end. You will be provided with a sketch of the painting Mirka will be working on in class to transfer onto your watercolor paper.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important information will be sent to you via email.
Disclaimer: Please note that this is NOT a live Class and is merely a recording (replay) of one.
- Watercolor set, we will be using yellows, greens, reds, pink, blues and dark umber for this painting with mixing purples and oranges. Colors that come in mid-sized 12-24 watercolor sets should work fine.
- 140lb Watercolor paper
- Color pencils
- White gouache or watercolor (they're basically the same thing)
- White pan/plate/mixing surface for paint
- Jug of water
- Piece of paper to test colors
- Your favorite small and large watercolor brushes. I love my cats tongue (aka
- Pointed Filbert) brushes from Princeton, size 4 and 8
- Piece of paper towel (or something to wipe extra water into)
- Optional: Col-erase red pencil to transfer sketch onto watercolor paper
- Download/print these reference photos
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.