Realistic Pet Portraits in Coloured Pencils (Recording)
Immortalize your favourite fur friends by turning them into frame-worthy art! For approximately 1-hour, let Francesca Possati demonstrate how to draw and colour an entire cat portrait using coloured pencils. From composition to finishing touches, she will share her techniques on using proportions correctly and creating true-to-life textures.
This Mini Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate artists who want to learn how to draw realistic fur and shiny, three-dimensional cat eyes for pet portraits that look and feel alive!
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- Etchr Sketchbook: A4 Hot Press
Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
- Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10
- Coloured pencils (Francesca will be using the following brands and colours, but it is not required to have all these right away. You may use any brands available to you.)
- Caran d'Ache Luminance (wax-based): White, Primrose, Burnt Ochre 10%, Brown Ochre 10%, Terracotta, Raw Umber 10%, Violet grey, Violet pink, Apricot, Orange, Light Cobalt Blue, Spring Green
- Caran d'Ache Pablo (oil-based): Beige, Ruby Red, Light Blue, Khaki Green, Olive Green
- Faber Castell Polychromos: Sanguine, Burnt Ochre, Burnt Umber, Nougat, Black, Cold Grey 4, Salmon, Earth Green
- 200 gsm and up heavyweight hot press watercolour paper (Francesca will use the Etchr Sketchbook: A4 Hot Press)
- Pencil eraser (Suggested: Koh-I-Noor kneaded eraser)
- Craft knife (Francesca will use the Slice Craft Knife) (Suggested: Jakar fixed blade precision craft knife)
- Double tipped embossing tool sized 0.8-1 mm (Suggested: CWR double-tipped embossing tools)
- Tracedown graphite paper (Suggested: Jackson's A4 wax-free carbon transfer paper)
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.