Rustic Beach Scenes in Mixed Media
Create a playful and dynamic waterfront scene using watercolour and opaque media with urban illustrator Eleanor Doughty (@herbcoil) in this 2-hour Master Class!
Tackle a rustic beach scene with built structures, a rocky shoreline, water, and foliage with the versatility of mixed media. Experiment with different ways of linemaking and capturing texture using paint markers, coloured ink, pencils, and watercolour. Take advantage of the unique strengths of various drawing tools to capture details and add charm to rustic scenes. Experiment with different media to solve visual challenges in your paintings and train your critical artistic skills!
This Live Class is limited to 10 people for a more hands-on experience.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the Zoom link and other workshop details will be sent via email after checkout.
*A recording of this Class will be available in the participants' Llama Library 3-5 days after the live session. By purchasing this 3-hour Class, you agree that your voices will be heard in the recording.
- LA Time 11 am PDT August 1 (Sunday)
- NY Time 2 pm EDT August 1 (Sunday)
- London Time 7 pm BST August 1 (Sunday)
- Singapore Time 2 am SGT August 2 (Monday)
- Sydney Time 4 am AEST August 2 (Monday)
- Fine liner pen with permanent ink (Suggested: .03mm. fountain pens)
- Thick liner pen with permanent ink (Suggested: over .05mm; such as fude nib pen, brush
pen, liner, black marker, parallel pen or calligraphy marker)
- A4 or 9x12" heavyweight paper, at least 150lbs
- Masking tape
- Watercolour set: paints, water
- Brushes: fine liner, mop brush, square brush (Suggested: .5")
- Opaque acrylic paint markers (Suggested: fine tipped Posca markers in khaki green,
gray, slate gray, white) (Suggested sizes: 0.9-1.3mm; 0.7mm; 8.0mm chisel in gray or
- Any other art supplies you feel like using or playing with: china markers, crayons,
watercolour pencils, coloured pencils, coloured brush pens, acrylic paint, markers, etc.
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.