Scenes at Night: Perspectives in Urban Sketching (Recording)
Some may say that the world looks different at night. Let artist Pedro Alves (@dk_limp) show you the world of nocturnal beauty in this approximately 90-minute recorded Mini Workshop as he teaches how to set up a nighttime urban scene easily using the right perspectives! Learn his tips to get the most out of an urban sketch during the nighttime with intentional linework and a minimal colour palette. Find out the dos and don'ts of sketching quick perspectives and elements at varying distances without sacrificing the essential details of the scene.
This Mini Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate artists.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- Watercolour paints (Pedro will use the following brands and colours)
- Daniel Smith in Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Yellow, Cobalt Blue, and Neutral Tint
- Winsor & Newton in Violet
- Watercolour sketchbook in A4 or A5 size with 200 gsm paper or higher
- Watercolour brushes, synthetic or natural
- Pen with waterproof ink (Pedro suggests Noodler's ink, Platinum Carbon Ink, or just a simple BIC rollerball pen)
- Water container and water spray
- Dry cloth or paper
- White POSCA pen or white gouache for highlights
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.