Ink and Watercolour Bird Couple with Colour Mixing
Learn to paint a pair of birds with ink and wash techniques from start to finish in this live 3-hour small group class with animal artist Simona Mandra (@somnia). She’ll show you how to choose a pleasant colour palette, how to find surprising colour mixes, and how to use a reference photo. You’ll learn how to make improvements when a reference is not perfect and how to use colour in an exciting way to catch your viewer’s eye.
Etchr’s Master Classes are a unique experience because:
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- 30-minute feedback session
- Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Short break scheduled in the middle
- Recording available for life
- Appearing on camera or voice is not required
Purchase your seat today, and after checkout, Etchr will email you a PDF with the Zoom link and other essential details.
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 6 am PST January 16 (Sunday)
- NY Time 9 am EST January 16 (Sunday)
- London Time 2 pm GMT January 16 (Sunday)
- Singapore Time 10 pm SGT January 16 (Sunday)
- Sydney Time 1 am AEDT January 17 (Monday)
- Etchr Sketchbook (Landscape): A4 Hot Press
Watercolour Brushes: Set of 10 larger (6-10 size) and smaller (1-2 size) round brush
- Black Graphic Pen Collection: Set of 16
- A4 mixed media or watercolour paper (Suggested: Stillman & Birn)
- Different shades of green and blue (Suggested: Daniel Smith Ultramarine Blue & Phthalo Blue)
- Schmincke Cobalt Turquoise & Phthalo Green
- A cool pink (Suggested: Daniel Smith Quinacridone Coral)
- Neutral tones (Suggested: Rembrandt Transparent Red Oxide, Schmincke Green Umber & Winsor & Newton Paynes Grey)
- A warm red (Suggested: Schmincke Geranium Red) and a dark yellow (Suggested: Schmincke Indian Yellow)
- Colours to mix a muted purple (Suggested: Sennelier Dioxazine Purple and Daniel Smith Green Gold)
- Optional: opaque white (Suggested: Sakura Gelly Roll or Holbein White Gouache) and Daniel Smith Buff Titanium
- Waterproof black fineliners or other sketching tool (e.g. ballpoint pen) in 0.1 (Suggested: Winsor & Newton)
- Pencil or other erasable sketching tool. I will use an HB pencil.
- Eraser or kneadable eraser (the latter is optional)
- Tissue paper
- Masking tape (optional)
- Download/Print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.