Powerful Abstract Realism in Watercolor
Learn how shapes, value, and colour work together to create compelling images in this 2-hour small-group class with artist Steve Griggs (@stevegriggswatercolor). He’ll show you various watercolour techniques, including wet-on-wet, washes, lifting out, and scraping in. You’ll see how these techniques create texture and indicate objects, expressing man-made and natural subjects.
Etchr’s Master Classes are a unique experience because:
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Short break scheduled in the middle
- Artist feedback on your work
- Recording available for life
- Appearing on camera or voice is not required
Purchase your seat today, and after checkout, Etchr will email you a PDF with the Zoom link and other essential details.
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 2 pm PDT November 4 (Thursday)
- NY Time 5 pm EDT November 4 (Thursday)
- London Time 9 pm GMT November 4 (Thursday)
- Singapore Time 5 am SGT November 5 (Friday)
- Sydney Time 8 am AEDT November 5 (Friday)
- Pearlescent Watercolours: Golden 12 Half Pan Set
- Pearlescent Watercolours: Versatile 12 Half Pan Set
- Gouache Brushes: Set of 8
- Arches Aquarelle Watercolour Paper or Fabriano Artistico Watercolour Paper, 300gsm/140lb, Rough in 1/2 and 1/4 size
- Daniel Smith Watercolours (Colours: Pyrrol Red, Quinacridone Gold, Iridescent Goldstone, Lunar Black)
- M. Graham Watercolours (Colours: Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Gamboge)
- White gouache (Suggested: Winsor & Newton Permanent White)
- Brushes (Suggested brands: Escoda Versatil, Princeton Neptune, Da Vinci): One round big, mop/quill-shaped; One round pointed brush (sable or squirrel); One rigger or needle point for fine details and lines; Small round brushes sized #10 & #12; 1" flat
- Mixing palette
- Sponge for drying rinsed brush
- Small pocket knife or palette knife
- Water containers
- Masking tape
- Scotch tape
- Spray bottle
- Painting board to mount paper
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.