Loose and Evocative Cityscape in Watercolour
Create loose and moving cityscape in this 90-minute interactive workshop. Paint along with artist Steve Griggs (@stevegriggswatercolor) using wet-on-wet techniques to add nature to the city. He will teach you to choose your colours, understand granulation, and scratching and lifting techniques. Learn how to generate ideas and see the world with artist’s eyes.
This Live Workshop is for beginner to intermediate artists. This will run for approximately 90 minutes via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop 3 days after the live session.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the workshop link and other details will be sent via email after checkout.
- LA Time 12 pm PDT October 12 (Tuesday)
- NY Time 3 pm EDT October 12 (Tuesday)
- London Time 8 pm BST October 12 (Tuesday)
- Singapore Time 3 am SGT October 13 (Wednesday)
- Sydney Time 6 am AEDT October 13 (Wednesday)
- Arches Aquarelle Watercolour Paper or Fabriano Artistico Watercolour Paper, 300gsm/140lb, Rough in 1/2 and 1/4 size
- Daniel Smith Watercolours (Colours: Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Blue, Pyrrol Red, Payne's Gray, Quinacridone Gold)
- M. Graham Watercolours (Colours: Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Yellow Light, Gamboge, Phthalo Blue)
- Brushes: One round big, mop/quill-shaped; One round pointed brush (sable or squirrel); One rigger or needle point for fine details and lines; Small round brushes sized #8, #10, #12 (Suggested brands: Escoda Versatil, Princeton Neptune, Da Vinci)
- Small pocket knife
- Water containers
- Masking tape
- Spray bottle
- Painting board to mount paper
- Please bring an abundant sense of humour!
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.