Sketchbook Storytelling with Ink and Watercolour
Learn to tell a complete story in a sketchbook spread in this 2-hour master class with professional artist and illustrator Susan Knapp (@susanknappsart). You’ll draw and paint a lovely old cottage and its surroundings. She’ll show you where to place it on the page so you can add other elements; an ink thumbnail, a botanical detail, and some written descriptions. Susan will show you how a sketchbook page can tell a story and become a beautiful memory.
Etchr’s Master Classes are a unique experience because:
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Short break scheduled in the middle
- Artist feedback on your work
- Recording available for life
- Appearing on camera or voice is not required
Purchase your seat today, and after checkout, Etchr will email you a PDF with the Zoom link and other essential details.
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 7 am PDT November 5 (Friday)
- NY Time 10 am EDT November 5 (Friday)
- London Time 2 pm GMT November 5 (Friday)
- Singapore Time 10 pm SGT November 5 (Friday)
- Sydney Time 1 am AEDT November 6 (Saturday)
- Hahnemuhle Watercolour book, A4 landscape, 200gsm, Cold Press
- Etchr Mini Palette: 19 Wells
- Etchr Watercolour Brushes sizes 6, 10, 12, 3/8 dagger
- Rosemary & Co dagger brush in 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch
- Winsor & Newton Watercolours (Colours: Cobalt Turquoise, Potter's Pink, Indian Yellow, Indigo, Hooker's Green, Permanent Sap Green)
- Daniel Smith Watercolours (Colours: Transparent Red Oxide, Transparent Pyrrol Orange, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, Italian Burnt Sienna, French Ultramarine, Cerulean Blue, Chromium, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Pyrrol Scarlet, Cobalt Blue Violet, Hansa Yellow Light)
- Faber Castell Pitt Artists Pen in Sanguine (Fine)
- Soft pencil
- Pen with waterproof ink (Suggested: Platinum Carbon ink or de Atramentis Document Brown ink)
- Two containers of water
- Kitchen roll / Paper towel
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.