Urban Landscapes: Painting Negative Space (Recording)
As artists, we should know how to make the most out of the saying "less is more."
In this approximately 1 hour recorded Mini Workshop, artist Charlie Flinders will create an urban sketch highlighting the beauty of negative spaces! Learn his process of coupling loose line drawings with selective watercolour to achieve a dynamic piece. Apply urban sketching techniques not only to man-made structures but also to the natural context of a scene through its shapes and architecture. Finish off the whole piece in a wash of colour that is bound to catch anyone's eye.
This Mini Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate artists.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing important details will be sent to you via email.
- 100% cotton, cold-pressed, A4 watercolour paper at least 140lb or 300gsm (Suggested: Saunders Waterford)
- Shinhan and Daniel Smith; or any watercolour palette: Payne's Grey, Cobalt Blue, Quinacridone Gold, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Sap Green, Ultramarine
- Waterproof ink pens in small nib sizes (Suggested: Fineliners in 0.1 or 0.3/5 or a small-nib fountain pen)
- Watercolour brushes (Suggested: Mop or large round brush, a smaller round and a rigger)
- Pencil and eraser
- White ink (optional)
- Download/Print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.