Impactful Animal Illustrations and Compositions with Limited Colours
Level up your animal artworks with artist Viktoria (@VaulchenArt) in this live 3-hour Class! Sketch and illustrate animals to create impactful compositions with limited colours. Create along with Viktoria as she shows her process from identifying key anatomy features to highlight from reference photos, conceptualizing the whole drawing composition to create mood, and choosing the appropriate colour palette in the moment with whatever supplies you have—whether they be paint markers, gouache, or acrylic! Find your own personal style by creating fun and eye-catching animal illustrations!
This Live Class is limited to 10 people for a more hands-on experience.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the Zoom link and other workshop details will be sent via email after checkout.
*A recording of this Class will be available in the participants' Llama Library 3-5 days after the live session. By purchasing this 3-hour Class, you agree that your voices will be heard in the recording.
- LA Time 8 am PDT July 17 (Saturday)
- NY Time 11 am EDT July 17 (Saturday)
- London Time 4 pm BST July 17 (Saturday)
- Singapore Time 11 pm SGT July 17 (Saturday)
- Sydney Time 1 am AEST July 18 (Sunday)
- Sketching Paper (Any paper or sketchbook will do)
- Pencil and eraser of your choice (Viktoria will use a 2B mechanical pencil)
- Smooth heavy cardstock or watercolour paper for the final illustration (Viktoria will use the Etchr Sketchbook: A5 Hot Press and the Stillman & Birn Zeta Sketchbook)
- Paint pens of your choice (Viktoria will use the brands Posca, Artistro, and Molotow One4All in the fine-tipped versions.
- "As we will decide on a colour palette together I cannot give you specific colour recommendations. For beginners, I recommend the Artistro Extra Fine Tip set of 42 paint pens, as they are very affordable. I can also recommend the Pastel Set of Posca paint pens"
- You can also follow along using acrylic paints or gouache and mix the colours to be used
- Download or print this reference photo
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.