Watercolour Pet Portrait in a Realistic Style
Learn to paint every feature of a dog in this live 3-hour Master Class with artist Wendy Paints (@wendypaints). You’ll learn to paint a realistic style dog, from the fur, eyes and nose to the tongue and teeth. Wendy will teach the importance of tonal value in creating depth in animal fur and how to see the colour undertones in a reference photo. She’ll show you how to use light and shade to create a realistic 3D effect.
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- Expands on concepts from Mini Workshop and Live Demo
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Short break scheduled in the middle
- Artist feedback on your work
- Recording available for life
- Appearing on camera or voice is not required
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing this class, you agree that viewers will hear your voice in the recording.
- LA Time 3 pm PDT October 23 (Saturday)
- NY Time 6 pm EDT October 23 (Saturday)
- London Time 11 pm BST October 23 (Saturday)
- Singapore Time 6 am SGT October 24 (Sunday)
- Sydney Time 9 am AEDT October 24 (Sunday)
- Paper: 100%cotton watercolour paper, 300gsm cold pressed (Suggested: Arches)
- Watercolour brushes: Round Sable Brush (Size 8), Round Synthetic Brush (Size 2 or 4), Round Brush Size 10 or Mop/Quill brush in Size 0 (Suggested: Tintoretto Synthetic Squirrel Quill)
- Watercolour paints: Van Dyke Brown (Suggested: Jackson’s Artist), Naples Yellow Red (Suggested: Van Gogh), Lavender (Suggested: Van Gogh), Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Neutral Tint, Quinacridone Rose, White Gouache
- Palette to mix paints
- 2 Water cups
- Paper towel
- Download the reference photo and outline sketch
NOTE: You may prepare the outline sketch beforehand.
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.