Realistic Animal Portraits in Watercolour - Fundamental Techniques
Refine your fundamental watercolour techniques while painting animal portraits. In this live 3hr Master Class, artist Wendy Paints (@wendypaints) will teach wet-on-dry, wet-on-wet, and dry brushing techniques to create a realistic fur texture. She will show you how to see colour undertones in a reference photo to help with colour selection and mixing. Wendy will explain how to achieve a realistic 3D effect by using light and shade. You’ll learn how to build values with layers and when you’ve added the right amount of detail to your piece.
This Live Class is limited to 10 people for a more hands-on experience.
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the Zoom link and other workshop details will be sent via email after checkout.
*A recording of this Master Class will be available in the participants' Llama Library 7 days after the live session. By purchasing this Master Class, you agree that your voices will be heard in the recording.
- LA Time 4pm PDT Saturday (October 2)
- NY Time 7pm EDT Saturday (October 2)
- London Time 12am BST Sunday (October 3)
- Singapore Time 7am SGT Sunday (October 3)
- Sydney Time 10am AEDT Sunday (October 3)
- Paper: 100%cotton watercolour paper, 300gsm cold pressed (Suggested: Arches)
- Watercolour brushes: Round Sable Brush (Size 8), Round Synthetic Brush (Size 2 or 4), Round Brush Size 10 or Mop/Quill brush in Size 0 (Suggested: Tintoretto Synthetic Squirrel Quill)
- Watercolour paints: Van Dyke Brown (Suggested: Jackson’s Artist), Naples Yellow Red (Suggested: Van Gogh), Lavender (Suggested: Van Gogh), Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Neutral Tint, Quinacridone Rose, White Gouache
- Palette to mix paints
- 2 Water cups
- Paper towel
- Download the reference photo and outline sketch
NOTE: You may prepare the outline sketch beforehand.
If you don’t love it, it’s free.
If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why if you don’t love this Mini Workshop or Class as much as we know you will, we will give you your money back.